Monday, June 24, 2013

motorcycles


I also like to rebuild motorcycles. I first built a CB750F1, which was basically a cosmetic make over with no real consideration for performance. 

It was okay.




Then I decided I wanted to experience a true 'ground up' restoration or customisation - so I got hold of a 1965 Honda CB450 Black Bomber and rebuilt it to reasonably close to original, but with some modifications.

I wanted the finished bike to look like a Honda special edition cafe racer style CB450 that could have been released in the late 60's.

End result.






These excellent photos were taken by a friend of mine, Dave - who has a good eye for bikes.

So having built one bike, I now want to do more and explore how creative I can be whilst still being practical enough to ensure the end result can be ridden and enjoyed, rather than just parked and admired.

I would like to customise an old BMW.


No comments:

Post a Comment